Friday, April 8, 2011

Breakfast of Champs: Bananas for Banana Fritters



I'm b-a-n-a-n-a-s for bananas. Gwen Stefani- and Rachel Zoe-style bananas. My mom, on the other hand detests bananas. She hates them so much that she made me peel my own as soon as I had enough dexterity in my 'lil fingers. With that being said, it's pretty ironic that this ye olde recipe for banana fritters comes from my mama. They are the perfect Sunday morning breakfast and a great way to salvage those bananas rotting in your fruit bowl.


What You Need:


2 bananas, the riper and rottener the better
2 eggs
1/2-cup milk
3/4-cup flour or whole wheat baking mix (I used Arrowhead Multigrain Pancake and Waffle Mix.)




What to Do:


Mash bananas with a fork in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. Heat pan on medium heat with butter (or Pam if you're on the healthy train). Pour a 4-6 inch sized fritter onto hot frying pan and let 'er go. Cook 3 minutes each side. Serve warm and crispy.


Yum. So wishing it was breakfast not dinner time right about now ...

3 comments:

  1. delicious!!! its been a long time since I had banana fritters!! You have a yummy blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup still hate them bananas! Feel cruel for making you peel your own (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm yums! :) do you still drizzle it in maple syrup? or is it good to go?

    ReplyDelete