Friday, February 25, 2011

Kra ... Kra ... Krazy for Kale Chips

I decided to go vegan this week. It's been surprisingly easy and I can already feel my pants getting looser. (Woo hoo!) While I this won't be a permanent thing, I'm def gonna try to limit my meat intake in the future. The best part of going meatless is discovering the immense variety of non-meat stuff that's out there. Kale! Swiss Chard! Tempeh! Yum. One thing I crave when I'm on the healthy train is a bite of something crispy and crunchy. I found this recipe for kale chips and it totally satisfies that craving. Enjoy!




1 bunch kale
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoons olive oil


(Optional: Red chili powder and cumin powder.)




Pre-heat oven to 350°F Rinse and thoroughly dry kale. Pull leaves from stem and tear into bite-sized pieces. Toss kale, salt, olive oil, and optional spices in a bowl. Place on cookie tray (be sure they are evenly spaced and not overlapping). Cook for 20 minutes until crisp. You'll know when they're ready when they turn a dark green and the sides turn up.


Who needs movie popcorn and Cool Ranch Doritos when you got kale chips? (Let's be honest, everyone. But these make a great, delicious, crispy 'n' salty substitute.)

3 comments:

  1. I’ve started making these recently. I love them dipped in a little ketchup or sriracha :)
    Looks so crispy n crunchy!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the dish name a lot :) I have not tried making these at all - but have had a similar dish in India at Mainland China which is also kinda sweet - Well, maybe his will be a good oscar night treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delicious. I have two big bunches of kale in the refrigerator right now.

    ReplyDelete