Friday, February 18, 2011

Baked Butternut Squash, Bollywood Style


Since I'm attempting to be on the healthy train (it's true, marriage does make you a chubber), I've been having fun experimenting with different veggies. (My attempt at kale chips coming soon.) I'm madly in love with butternut squash. It's buttery yet hearty and sweet yet savory. I recently tried a recipe for butternut fries from HungryGirl.com, deeelish! I used that recipe as inspiration for this spiced-up Indian version. The results were addicting and amazing. 

What You Need:

One butternut squash
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon red chili powder

What to Do:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove peel and cut butternut squash into bite sized pieces. (If you're not comfortable cutting one, take a peek at this article for a quick how-to guide.) Toss squash in bowl with olive oil, salt, cumin, and chili powder. Spread squash on cookie sheet and cook for around 30 minutes, tossing once.

It's an exercise in simplicity, health and deliciousness. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. wow...really delicious ! love your space..first time here..
    happy to follow u..
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love squash and this looks like an interesting recipe...yum!

    ReplyDelete