Thursday, October 21, 2010

You'll Fall for Indian Meatballs


Last night I made Indian meatballs. It was a good night.

I reheated some again today for lunch. It was a good afternoon.

Here’s the recipe so you can make them too:

(They are aka kebabs in the motha-land.)

What you need:

1lb. lean ground beef (I used Trader Joes 96/4 beef.)
1lb. ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped in small pieces
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup chopped mint
1 lime
1 tablespoon ginger/garlic paste
2 green chilies, chopped and seeded (I use Jalapenos.)
2 eggs
2 potatoes, boiled, peeled and chopped (If you don’t have potatoes or are too lazy to boil them as I usually am, use 2 slices of bread. This is just to help them stick together better.)
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 palm-full salt

(I also usually add Shaan Seekh Kabab masala and Shaan chaat masala, but if you don’t have that, no sweat.)



What to do:
Mix together meats, onion, cilantro, mint, ginger/garlic paste, green chilies, eggs, potatoes/bread, turmeric, chili powder and salt. Squeeze juice of lime into mixture. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together. (If you’re squeamish, use a wooden spoon. I personally like to get dirty and use my hands. I think it tastes better that way.)



In the meantime, heat up a large pan over medium heat on the stove. Spray with Pam or a light layer of vegetable oil.

Use your hands to make two-inch sized balls with the meat mixture.

Throw kebabs into the heated pan. Heat evenly on all sides until cooked through—about ten minutes.

Eat and enjoy!

P.S. You might notice that the quality of the pictures has drastically improved. It's not me ... it's all the hubby.

5 comments:

  1. I love meatballs...It looks amazing.Thanks,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new spin on your blog Shyla-boo. Gotta try these meatballs with Frenchie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank god i have found you, never again will i sit and think what shall i make tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shyla - found your blog through FB and this is great! I am going to make these tonight.

    ReplyDelete