Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lal Means Red, Rang Means Color: The Flowers

The best advice I have for choosing vendors, is to pick someone who knows what they are doing and let them do their thang. Danoosh's philosophy (which I completely agree with) is to never critique a creative. When it comes to getting people to do their best work which they are passionate about and personally involved in, give them the freedom to make the big decisions and you will surely adore the final product.


When it came to flowers, that's exactly what I did. The florist was the one vendor we shopped around for quite a bit. One lady gave an estimate for 25K (and we showed her the door). Another one just wasn't quite my style. One more florist that I loved took over three months to send an estimate which made me wonder if she'd even show up on the actual big day. When I met the lovely Jill and Alethea of Studio Choo at Starbucks on 2nd Street it was love at fifth (or sixth) florist! I knew immediately that they were the ones ...  and boy ... oh boy was I right.


For the table arrangements, I pretty much told them I like bright, beautiful colors with lots of hot pinks, reds, purples, oranges, and greens--the works. We decided to use old Indian soda bottles like Thums Up, Limca, and Fanta, large mango pulp cans, stainless steel cups, and glass jars instead of vases. Take a peek of the end result, pretty awesome, no?


5 comments:

  1. Beautifully arranged, lovely & stylish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the idea of using india soda bottles...ah! good old days..

    http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! These turned out just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you! I can't believe how gorgeous everything turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are really cute...always love bright flowers!

    ReplyDelete