Saturday, May 8, 2010

Khaana Means Food: We Like it Spicy!

I'm currently in Houston sorting through Dan's stuff and getting ready for our big roadtrip. Ever since the wedding I've turned into a baby Beluga whale and have decided it's appropriate to eat like a pregnant woman. Two days ago I had Benihanas for lunch and Buca di Beppo for dinner. WTF?! I am petrified to get on the scale after a week in Houston and five days of fast food on the road. All this eating has made me think about our wedding menu ... here it is:


Appetizers:
Chicken Tikkas
Aloo Tikki
Paneer Tikka
Sheek Kabab
Shrimp Tikka


Main Course:
Lamb Chops
Chilli Chicken
Lamb Biryani
Veg Biryani
Bhindi
Nav Rattan Vegetables


Sides:
Assorted Naan, Roti
Raita
Kachumber


Dessert:  
Gulab Jamun


We also had some fabulous late night snacks, amazing cupcakes, and of course, plenty of booze (including a special mango martini!) I'll post on all that stuff later. Our cater was the cutest old man called Anil from Wah Jee Wah in Fremont, CA. While the food was awesomely delicious, it was also awesomely spicy, a bit overly spicy! This made for some good stories of burning buttholes the following day as well as one blonde surfer dude friend of mine consuming EIGHT lamb chops ... EIGHT! Everyone loved the apps and loved dousing their food in raita to curb the intense spice. We still have leftovers in the fridge so feel free to come over for some extra spicy Lamb Biryani!


This pic is from our tasting a few weeks earlier, yum!


10 comments:

  1. 8 lamb chops? Wow!!! I love Indian food, I really like spicy food. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The menu sounds so yummy:) 8 lamb chops? That's huge!
    I love cupcake and sweeties too...
    Have a lovely weekend:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, eight lamb chops! I don't think this boy had ever ate Indian food before that night either. The cupcakes were pretty phenomenal, I'll write a post on those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoyed going through your posts. some are downright hilarious :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang woman! you have excellent taste in spicy ethnic foods. yum! this post is making me hungry in a bad way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I am feeling hungry now. And it's all your fault lolz. These food look so yummy and make me want to go wherever you are now. =D

    Jules
    Soloden.Com
    The Brown Mestizo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! I am already drooling. I miss the mouthwatering taste of Indian food so much here..

    http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to see the menu! one of the best parts of all weddings it the food!

    ReplyDelete