Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Saree Scramble


I land in Bombay on January 21st. My wedding is February 4th (and festivities start five days before that). I don’t have a wedding saree yet as I’m waiting to get to Bombay to start the search. (Have you ever heard of a bride waiting until the WEEK BEFORE HER WEDDING to find her dress?!) Ahhhh … xanex, please. When I am staying up with thoughts of weddings and travels running through my head I often scour the internet for images of pretty white sarees to get me excited and ready for the seven-day dash. I found this one today by my all-time favorite Indian designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee … it literally took my breath away. (However, I just got an email from my sister saying she didn’t like it and the color was too drab. Sigh. The search continues ...) 




4 comments:

  1. this is stunning! but sister's have a lot of influence over our decisions, don't they? have you found any others you're considering? my sister-in-law bought me a sari as a wedding gift (my husband is nepali and hindu). we were married in october and will be having another celebration in january so i'll be wearing my new sari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fashion And Style Always Depends On Good Color And Fantastic Combination Of Shades & So We Create Best Shades To Enhance Your Beauty And Personality. Get The Simplicity & Grace With This Beige Brown Art Silk Saree. This Lovely Attire Is Looking Extra Beautiful With Embelishment Of Lace, Multi & Resham Work.Paired With A Contrast Brick Red Blouse.

    Designer Bombay Sarees, Indian wedding lehenga, Cotton Salwars, Bridal Lehengas

    ReplyDelete