Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pom Love



By now you know that I adore everything paper—especially paper flowers. This wedding season it seems that lanterns are out and poms are in. Poms are marigold-looking flowers made of tissue paper. Martha Stewart has an awesome do-it-yourself guide to making your own poms. Pom Love on Etsy corners the markets on the best Poms around. I am still struggling on what to do with the high ceilings at the gallery. 


One florist suggested using clusters of Poms scattered between candles, I am into it but not sure if it’s “the one” for us. I do like the marigold look as marigolds are a huge part of Indian weddings but my mom says no as they are practically considered weeds in the motherland! I am kinda into the super clustered Poms with lanterns hanging look below … hmmm … to pom or not to pom? (Did I really just say that?!)










3 comments:

  1. Instead of super-tight clusters like in your photos, I would suggest pairing two or three colours toghether and clustering them in different areas, with a little bit of space in between. I would vary the lengths, and attach a sparkly crystal bead with fish wire to peek out of the bottom of each pom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i were you, i'd pom. these look awesome. you go girl! great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look a lot and you wont be killing real flowers. With lights and some sparkly beads it would look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete