Saturday, September 19, 2009

Closet Girly Girl

Anybody who knows me knows that I hate anything overtly girly—especially pinks, pastels, and frills. There is one stereotypically girly thing that I have grown to adore and that’s flowers. Especially paper flowers, plastic ring flowers, fabric flowers … ugh, so bee-you-tee-ful. In my daily etsy email I came across a designer named FancifulForm. Her handmade floral creations are simply breathtaking. I love the Indian-inspired lotus. The lotus is India’s national flower and a symbol of growth and enlightenment. I also adore the mustard yellow rose ring. I have lots of little rose-inspired jewels (mostly plastic from Forever 21) but none as gorgeous as this one.

I picture one of these white lotus flowers on a brightly colored Indian table linen surrounded by tea lights on the table … ugh … so beautiful I can’t stand it! Oh, I also picture one of those rings (and necklaces) delicately draped on me. I swear, if I could register on Etsy I would.



1 comment:

  1. First off, I love your blog and style! Great ideas all around :)

    I fell in love with the lotus flower picture - but alas the Etsy seller is missing in action! Did you ever order from her? Do you know if she changed names, etc? I love, love the flower! Must...find...

    ReplyDelete