Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Future Hubby!




Today is my Danoosh’s Happy 26th Birthday. We had an utterly fabulous weekend together celebrating with food, drinks, and friends. (What more can you ask for?!) Out of all of the fancy things we did to celebrate (a couples cooking class, a three-course dinner, multiple gifts) he said his favorite was going to see the movie Hangover on Sunday night. Ha! I told him next year all he gets is In and Out burger and a DVD rental.

We are both magazine-a-holics and have multiple subscriptions. I always feel guilty getting rid of old magazines so I decided to put them to use and wrapped Danny's present with them. I even topped it off with a handmade 'zine flower. He liked it and I think it turned out pretty cute. I have forever bidden adieu to wrapping paper.

My pressie wrapping made me think about an idea my sis and I had talked about for the wedding. I adore Indian sweets (known as mithai) and am def planning on serving some up on the big day. What's cuter than some newspaper cones stuffed with Indian sweets? Nothing. I agree. 

5 comments:

  1. we are magazine addicts too! i love the idea of using them to wrap gifts! i'm totally excited. with about 8 or so subscriptions, they add up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shy, you are super creative. love your style of writing and imagery. i wish you good luck, bon chance with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pressie looks awesome. way to go! green wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the mag flower. so cute shy! i miss you and your creativeness...btw i finally added you to my blogroll. viva las bloggettes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And U made fun of me wrapping gifts with the comic section of the Chron???

    ReplyDelete