Friday, May 8, 2009

My BIG FAT Indian Wedding



Late on valentines day eve after a round (or two) of dirty martinis and a tummy full of bread pudding, my boyfriend took me for a drive and handed me the most gorgeous diamond ring I’ve ever seen. Shocked, overwhelmed, and blissfully filled with love, I said yes.

Fast-forward three months and here I am planning a BIG
fat Indian wedding. Let me elaborate:

Big: Two weddings, multiple events, and countless guests spanning over a four month period
Fat: One with 700-800 guests, another with around 300 guests. (!?!?)
Indian: He’s FTML (from the motherland). Therefore one wedding will be in India, one will be in San Francisco.

Clearly I am beyond excited but also a bit anxious. Most of all I am pretty stoked that I found a guy who can:
a. put up with me
b. likes to eat as much as I do
c. gets along like gin and tonic with my INSANE family
d. loves me just the way I am, not fatter, not skinnier, not smarter, not stupider. (or so he claims ...)

Always a sucker for all things beautiful, I've been scouring the web for inspiration from everything Indian, eye-catching, whimsical, and me. Whether it's a gorgeous sari, a unique centerpiece, or just a random breathtaking image, some things so enchanting that they just beg to be shared. That's why I've created this space to share them with everyone I love.

4 comments:

  1. I love your website. Its so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashish Abrol is the founder and CEO of Big Indian Wedding, a wedding portal that caters to all your wedding needs. Get FREE wedding tips, Discounts and Coupons on attire and make up by logging in to Big Indian Wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shyla! I'm glad you like my photograph! Please credit me with the photo above in your blog post. You may link it to my website: http://karenwise.com
    Thank you!
    Karen Wise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. arya samaj mandir

    ReplyDelete